Analyst Job Description
Platform Ventures, LLC (“Platform”) manages and invests in real estate, real estate-related assets, real estate technologies and real estate-focused companies located throughout the United States. Platform’s experienced team seeks to add value to client portfolios by applying its knowledge of the long-term cycles and macro-economic trends that shape the real estate market to create price-to-value dislocations.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Financial Analysis
- Create financial models to evaluate potential real estate investment opportunities; models include:
- Project, portfolio and fund level performance
- Argus output (or other source data)
- Structured finance
- Equity waterfalls
- Sensitivity analysis
- Summarize and present findings and recommendations succinctly.
- Draft internal and external memos and pitchbooks.
- Build matrices to compare investment options, including narratives of respective strengths & weaknesses.
- Maintain financial templates and assist in the abstraction of unique financial circumstances on new deals for use by asset managers to ensure a smooth on-boarding of acquisitions.
- Provide analytical assistance to support asset managers with refinance and disposition decisions.
- Due Diligence
- Assist in all aspects of the due diligence process for new acquisitions, including the review of leases, estoppels, CC&R’s, reconciliation of historical financial statements to pro forma, and reconciliation and analysis of operating expense reimbursements to ensure accurate underwriting of the acquisitions, and identify opportunities to unlock value post-acquisition.
- Assist with physical due diligence (including reviewing contracts, preparing budgets, and managing consultants) of potential acquisitions.
- Interact with various third-party service providers – brokerage, lender, legal, title, insurance, property management, general contractors, engineering, environmental, etc.
- Market Research
- Perform market research to determine/verify a project’s economics and to verify assumptions used in models.
- Identify and outline real estate macroeconomic conditions, as well as research and understand financial operations of specific properties, and the impact of regional market supply/demand conditions.
- Cultivate broker relationships for market information.
- Capital Formation
- Act as a liaison to:
- Lenders – assist with debt procurement and loan document negotiations.
- Joint Venture Partners – assist with joint venture negotiations with current and prospective partners.
- Capital Partners – assist with requests from current and prospective investors in our various investment vehicles.
- Investor Reporting
- Analyze historic performance for current and prospective investors.
- Update financial models with actual data to evaluate investments.
- Assist accounting and investor relations functions with various investor requests.
- Analyze opportunities at the operating company level.
- While all investments at Platform are real estate related, several are at the operating company level.
- Transactions include acquisition of mature businesses, but also de novo start-ups.
- Tasks will be similar to real estate level investments, but include additional modeling, due diligence, market research, and reporting requirements.
- Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in Finance, Real Estate or a related field.
- One to three years of work experience in a related field; internship experience is considered.
- Development experience is a plus.
- Demonstrated analytical skills and underwriting-related experience, preferably with all commercial property types.
- Strong computer skills, including in-depth expert knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.) and software in relation to real estate (Argus, CoStar, RCA, etc.)
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task while under pressure.
- Client service oriented.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently.
- Demonstrated work ethic.
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple projects and assignments; able to prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Problem-solving skills to reflect level of responsibilities.
- Ability to maintain sensitive and confidential information.
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude in all situations.
Why Work at Platform?
- Health insurance for team member and family with low premiums.
- Company-paid basic dental insurance for team member and family.
- Company-paid vision insurance for team member and family.
- Company-paid life/AD&D insurance.
- Company-paid Short Term Disability and Long Term Disability.
- Section 125 Cafeteria Plan with access to pre-tax HSA, FSA, and dependent care accounts.
- Generous employer HSA contribution.
- 401k with immediate participation and up to 3.5% employer match.
- Generous PTO and holiday schedule.
- Flexible work schedule with work-from-home option.
- Paid volunteer time off (VTO) and team volunteer opportunities.
- “Jeans Casual” office attire.
Qualified candidates may submit a resume and cover letter to [email protected].
Platform Ventures is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any team member or applicant for employment on any legally-recognized basis including, but not limited to: gender, gender identity and expression, religion, race, color, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, uniform service member status, genetic information, national origin, pregnancy or perceived pregnancy, familial status, sexual orientation or identity, or any other protected class under federal, state or local law.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org