Platform Ventures, LLC (“Platform”) is a firm that, through certain asset management subsidiaries, manages and invests in real estate, real estate-related assets, real estate technologies and real estate-focused companies located throughout the United States. Platform’s experienced team seeks to add value to client portfolios by applying its knowledge of the long-term cycles and macro-economic trends that shape the real estate market to create price-to-value dislocations.
Platform is seeking a candidate for a full-time, Senior Accountant position that will be primarily responsible for the accounting and reporting of various private equity funds and their investments.
Platform Ventures is a growing and ever-changing company that challenges its team members every day by providing new opportunities and resources to support their development and growth. Platform is seeking candidates that exemplify its values of hard work, humility, self-motivation and entrepreneurial spirit.
The position reports to the Controller but will work in a team environment in collaboration with other members of the Accounting & Reporting team as well as the Investment team. The general responsibilities for the position are listed below; however, it is expected that the person identified to fill this role will take on more challenging assignments as they demonstrate their ability to grasp and ultimately own their duties and display the ability as well as the eagerness to learn more.
- The complete maintenance of financial accounting records for a number of investment vehicles and their related entities in order to meet various monthly, quarterly and annual reporting requirements
- The preparation of both fund and investment level accounting workpapers and related reconciliations in support of the Controller and Fund Controllers
- The coordination, review, and oversight of monthly accounting and other reporting received from various property managers to ensure accuracy and completeness
- Preparing bank reconciliations
- Calculating management fees and reconciling/settling intercompany accounts on a monthly basis
- Performing cash management analysis and maintaining historical fund cash flow models
- Coordinating with asset managers to meet the operational demands of investments, such as the funding of operating accounts, payment of operational expenses and preparation of loan draw requests
- Preparing and reviewing all communications to investors in coordination with the Investor Relations team, including capital calls, distribution notices and quarterly statements
- Preparing financial statements for funds or investments that are provided to internal and external stakeholders
- Assisting with audit and tax preparation requests
- Monitoring financial reporting obligations to lenders
- Working on special projects as needed
- An ambitious, positive attitude with an inquisitive mind and approach to the position
- Strong desire to make positive contributions to the Platform team with an eye to further one’s own development as a working professional
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting
- Minimum of 1-3 years’ experience in either a corporate or public accounting role
- CPA designation preferred
- Ability to multi-task, manage workload and complete projects timely within deadlines and without sacrificing quality
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics GP or an equivalent accounting software a plus
- Attention to detail and ability to prepare a clean, well-organized work product
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Project management skills, including taking ownership of the position’s duties and responsibilities, with the ability to work towards goals and keep other affected team members up to date on progress
- Exemplify an unselfish and helpful approach to work that will help the entire Platform team meet its goals and objectives
Qualified candidates may submit a resume and cover letter to [email protected].
Platform Ventures is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any team member or applicant for employment on any legally-recognized basis including, but not limited to: gender, gender identity and expression, religion, race, color, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, uniform service member status, genetic information, national origin, pregnancy or perceived pregnancy, familial status, sexual orientation or identity, or any other protected class under federal, state or local law.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org