Senior Legal Counsel Job Description
Platform Ventures, LLC (“Platform”) manages and invests in real estate, real estate-related assets, real estate technologies and real estate-focused companies located throughout the United States. Platform’s experienced team seeks to add value to client portfolios by applying its knowledge of the long-term cycles and macro-economic trends that shape the real estate market in order to create price-to-value dislocations.
Platform is seeking a candidate for a full-time, Senior Legal Counsel position. As Senior Legal Counsel, you will provide legal advice and support to Platform and its operating businesses. You will be responsible for managing a broad range of real estate and other corporate matters for Platform, partnering with business and legal colleagues to achieve Platform’s business objectives, and providing strategic and timely legal advice to the General Counsel and other senior management of Platform and its operating businesses. You will be responsible for, and directly involved in, complex real estate and corporate transactions and in negotiating critical contracts for Platform.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Draft, negotiate, and work with outside counsel on real estate and corporate transactional documents concerning acquisitions, dispositions, joint ventures, and financing, as well as confidentiality agreements and other commercial contracts.
- Prepare offering documents for real estate investments made through various investment vehicle structures.
- Provide support for real estate acquisitions/dispositions, real estate financing transactions, and real estate private placement offerings, including advising on transaction structure and LOI terms, planning and assisting in due diligence, drafting and negotiating transaction agreements, and actively managing the transaction process and its execution.
- Assist in managing litigation and regulatory matters.
- Anticipate and guard against legal risks facing Platform and its operating businesses.
- Exhibit a deep knowledge of Platform’s various business lines and the relevant legal issues.
- Provide creative and practical legal advice and decision-making acumen to achieve Platform’s business objectives in compliance with applicable laws and in alignment with Platform’s ethics and values.
- Demonstrate subject matter expertise in substantive areas of the law, keep abreast of new developments, and instill best practices.
- 4-7 years of comprehensive experience in real estate matters, including acquisitions, dispositions, developments, financings, and leasing/property management.
- Juris Doctorate (JD) required.
- Broad experience in general corporate matters.
- Exposure to or familiarity with the following areas of law: real estate, securities (including private offerings), land use, zoning, entitlements, construction, corporate organization and governance, limited liability company acts, limited partnership acts, commercial contracts, purchase and sale agreements, and joint ventures.
- Experience dealing with real estate developers, brokers, consultants, designers, and contractors.
- Intellectual capacity to be able to quickly compare and assess risks coupled with a decisive mindset.
- A collaborative and team-oriented competitive spirit.
- Superb oral and written communication skills.
- Possesses excellent follow-up skills, accuracy, and attention to detail.
- Willingness to take on additional duties and responsibilities as needed.
Why Work at Platform?
- Flexible work schedule with work-from-home option.
- Health insurance for team member and family with low premiums.
- Company-paid basic dental insurance for team member and family.
- Company-paid vision insurance for team member and family.
- Company-paid life/AD&D insurance.
- Company-paid Short Term Disability and Long Term Disability.
- Section 125 Cafeteria Plan with access to pre-tax HSA, FSA, and dependent care accounts.
- Generous employer HSA contribution.
- 401k with immediate participation and up to 3.5% employer match.
- Generous PTO and holiday schedule.
- Paid volunteer time off (VTO) and team volunteer opportunities.
- “Jeans Casual” office attire.
Qualified candidates may submit a resume and cover letter to [email protected].
Platform is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any team member or applicant for employment on any legally-recognized basis including, but not limited to: gender, gender identity and expression, religion, race, color, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, uniform service member status, genetic information, national origin, pregnancy or perceived pregnancy, familial status, sexual orientation or identity, or any other protected class under federal, state or local law.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org